Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Emerging from hibernation

Ok, so winter is when we're all supposed to hibernate, but I've been inspired to dust off the cobwebs of my blog. After all, winter is when we hunker down inside with a cozy blanket, a steamy mug of something delicious and a good book, right? Chronicle books is my favorite source - seriously, from sumptuous cookbooks to quirky crafts, adorable kids' books and pop culture bibles - they really have something for everyone, especially me!


To celebrate the revival of my blog (ok, really, to celebrate the holidays) Chronicle is giving a blogger and one lucky reader their wishlist of up to $500. I already own dozens of Chronicle titles, so you'd think it'd be tough to choose that many more, but with great new titles coming out every month, it was really easy! So here's what I'd choose:

Treats to make for family and friends
  • Flour, Spectacular Recipes from Boston's Flour Bakery ($35)
  • All Cakes Considered ($24.95)
  • Field Guide to Candy ($15.95)
  • Field Guide to Produce ($15.95)
  • Brittles, Barks and Bonbons ($16.95)
  • Pretty Pantry Gifts ($19.95)
  • Kids in the Holiday Kitchen ($16.95)
  • The Commonsense Kitchen ($35)
  • Summertime Treats ($14.95)
  • Valentine Treats ($14.95)

  • Other good reads just for me:
  • Craft Pack (the cute "Softies" and "Lotta Simple Sewing") ($31.95)
  • Edie: Girl on Fire ($29.95)
  • Between the Bridge and the River ($13.95)


  • For my husband (shhh...):
  • Craft Inc. Business Planner ($16.95)
  • Complete Worst Case Scenario Survival Guide: Man Skills ($24.95)
  • Lennon Legend ($40)

  • Fun stuff for my son:
  • Worst Case Scenario Guide: Junior Edition (9.95)
  • Crafty Collection ($50)
  • Edible Schoolyard ($24.95)
  • Other Goose ($19.99)
  • City Walks With Kids: New York ($14.95)
  • Eric Carle's Dream Snow Pop-up Advent Calendar ($10.99)

  • 4 comments:

    Julie said...

    I love all of your food books! If I had seen "Craft Inc" when I made my own list, it definitely would have made it on there! As it is, I have it on my own to-buy list for after Christmas, since my girls keep telling me, "Mom; you should SELL your stuff" as I willy nilly make it and give it away! We have Other Goose here; it is a gorgeous book! You made some wonderful choices! Good luck!

    Joanne said...

    What a great list of books!

    jowanjowan73(at)yahoo(dot)com

    christa @ mental foodie said...

    Love your choices! Good luck!

    cytljjb(at)gmail(d0t)com

    Molly said...

    Lovin' your list! Here's hoping for a win!

    Mollydedwards AT yahoo DOT com